- Pre-Kindergarten class
- Horses students must be five years old by August 31, or 5 by December 15 with a readiness screening to be administered by Peace Preschool.
- Class meets Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m. to 12 :30 p.m.
- Student-teacher ratio: 6:1.
Our ClassroomClick here for a short video tour of our classroom. Click here for a video podcast with our current team of techers.
Our Horses class is designed for children who have completed a four year-old preschool class and would benefit from an “extra” year to prepare for Kindergarten. Readiness for formal education involves more than just academic aptitude. Readiness for Kindergarten must also take into account a child’s social, emotional, physical, and spiritual development. Our Pre-K curriculum still makes use of “learn-through-play” and is designed to facilitate all areas of development so that our students are better prepared for all challenges of formal education, not just academic. In addition to learning basic literacy, science, and pre-math concepts and skills, our students are encouraged to
- gain self-confidence and self-awareness with opportunities such as public speaking and cooking together
- grow in self-expression through art and music.
- grow in empathy as they are taught to consider the needs of their classmates.
- grow in self-control as they learn to follow multi-step instructions, wait for their classmates, or stay seated to finish a project.
- listen to group instruction and try what the teacher has modeled
- keep up with his or her own school supplies (scissors, glue, pencils, etc.)
9:00-9:30: Morning Centers/Handwriting (letter of the week.)
9:30-10:00: Calendar Time/Math Focus
10:00-10:30: Music/Science/Social Studies
10:30-10:50: Snack and Storytime
12:00-12:20: Courtyard Time (bikes and scooters)
12:20-12:30: Review of Day/Focus for Tomorrow