- Transition Kindergarten class
- Horses students must be five years old by August 31.
- Class meets Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m. to 12 :30 p.m.
- Student-teacher ratio: 6:1.
- Instructors: Mrs. Clary and Mrs. Gibson.
Our Horses class is designed for children who have completed a four year-old preschool class and would benefit from an “extra” year to prepare for Kindergarten. Readiness for formal education involves more than just academic aptitude. Readiness for Kindergarten must also take into account a child’s social, emotional, physical, and spiritual development. Our T-K curriculum still makes use of “learn-through-play” and is designed to facilitate all areas of development so that our students are better prepared for all challenges of formal education, not just academic. In addition to learning basic literacy, science, and pre-math concepts and skills, our students are encouraged to
- gain self-confidence and self-awareness with opportunities such as public speaking and cooking together
- grow in self-expression through art and music.
- grow in empathy as they are taught to consider the needs of their classmates.
- grow in self-control as they learn to follow multi-step instructions, wait for their classmates, or stay seated to finish a project.
Our hour-a-day of outdoor play promotes physical strength and growth with fresh air, sunshine, and an ever-changing supply of large-muscle manipulatives. Our generous classroom size gives energetic preschoolers plenty of table space as well as room to play in centers, and our small student:teacher ratio means your child will receive lots of individual attention and care.
9:00-9:30: Morning Centers/Handwriting (letter of the week.)
9:30-10:00: Calendar Time/Math Focus
10:00-10:30: Music/Science/Social Studies
10:30-10:50: Snack and Storytime
12:00-12:20: Courtyard Time (bikes and scooters)
12:20-12:30: Review of Day/Focus for Tomorrow