- Fish students should be four years old by August 31.
- Class meets Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 12 noon.
- Student-teacher ratio: 7:1.
Our active, energetic Fish class makes use of three big classrooms for discovery, play, cooking, and art. Designed for children 4-turning-5-years old during the school year, this is the typical class that prepares children for Kindergarten. Many children finish the year with beginning reading, writing, math, and science skills. Our curriculum uses developmentally appropriate themes to help students
- Recognize the shape and sounds of letters
- Recognize numerals and count by ones to thirty-one and tens to one hundred
- Begin handwriting
- Develop fine motor skills with cutting, lacing, and tracing activities
- proper pencil and scissor grips
- Explore and discover God’s creation
- Learn empathy for others
- Grow in self-confidence as they are encouraged to try new things
- Grow in physical strength and coordination with lots of outdoor play
- Gain self-control as they enjoy interactive large-group, small-group, and individual learning
Our Typical Schedule
9:00-9:40 Play in centers
9:40-9:50 Welcome and calendar activities
9:50-10:00 Bathroom break
10:15-10:30 Large group story and activity
10:30-11:00 Courtyard/bike time
11:00-11:30 Music (M,T,W) or Cooking (Th.)
11:55-12:00 Wrap up