- Cubs students should be three years old by August 31.
- Class meets Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 12 noon.
- Student-teacher ratio: 6:1.
Our Cubs class uses two joined classrooms for its activities. Both classrooms contain numerous centers designed both to maximize fun and to help the children develop their skills and engage their creative intelligence. Having two rooms allows our three-year-olds plenty of space for exploration. Click here for a video of our space. Click here for a video podcast with our current teaching team.
9:00-10:00: Greeting, play in centers
10:30-11:00: Snack, prayer, and activity in primary care groups.
11:00-11:30: Bikes in the Courtyard/Large Motor Development
11:30-12:00: Music and Movement
Some Class Objectives
At Peace Preschool, we desire to help the whole child prepare for life and learning. Our “readiness” endeavors are more than academic. We want to engage and stimulate your child’s various developmental needs. We design experiences that will help your child grow cognitively, physically, socially, and spiritually.
Following are just a few of our class objectives:
- Written name recognition
- Primary Color recognition
- Drawing lines
- Follow one-step directions (Example: Put the big one on the bottom.)
- Answer simple questions (Example: Which one is the smallest?)
- Use tools for drawing and coloring
- Walking/staying in a line
- Getting in line when name is called
- Introduce counting, calendar, weather
- Grow in self-care
- Grow in empathy for peers
- Learn to notice and describe what he/she is doing and make predictions
- Begin to solve “life” problems (“You don’t want to stop playing, but it is time for music. What do you think we should do?”)
- Participate in developmentally appropriate (for length and content) large-group instruction time